Saturday, August 7, 2010

Movie Meme: Day 07

"31 Day Movie Meme"


Day 07 | Least favorite movie by a favorite actor or actress


Thank God my most recent memory of Joseph Gordon-Levitt was playing that wonderfully stoic Arthur in Inception, because the last film I saw him in before that was G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra. Ugh.

G.I. Joe was one of the worst films I saw last year. Did you know that the ONLY reason I even saw that waste of a film was to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt? That's a fact and not even he could've made the movie less insufferable to get through. I'd say he was the best part of the movie, but would that really be saying much? Plus he plays a villain. Villains usually have way more fun even in terrible movies (see Colin Farrell in Daredevil).

Or maybe it's just because with Channing Tatum and Marlon Wayans playing the good guys, there really wasn't any choice but to cheer on the villains. I've already forgotten how the film ended, because with bad movies there's usually a memory wipe that goes on in my head, but I think they set it up so that JGL's character becomes the big villain for the possible sequel. Let's hope this sequel is dead on the water, for JGL's sake.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!