Thursday, August 12, 2010

Movie Meme: Day 12

"31 Day Movie Meme"


Day 12 | Best soundtrack/background music in a scene


Well this is kind of impossible. How does one answer this? I think I'm going to stick to non-diegetic music which cuts out most musicals (which is fine since there's a Best Musical day in the meme), but that doesn't make this any easier.

How can I discount the classic theme of such movies such as Jaws, Jurassic Park, Star Trek, and many more? And how about those scores/soundtracks I've recently loved from Inception, Atonement, (500) Days of Summer, Up, Slumdog Millionaire, Brokeback Mountain, Harry Potter, etc.? Like I said, this is impossible.

So I'm going to go a different route and pick something that seems random, but not really since I am a huge fan of the film. I present to you the Glascow Love Theme from Love, Actually:



My heart automatically flutters just a little bit when I hear this. In fact, I have this on my mp3 player and I constantly listen to it. This theme plays throughout this absolutely charming film and works quite well for both the small and big moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!