Thursday, August 26, 2010

Movie Meme: Day 26

"31 Day Movie Meme"


Day 26 | Freakishly weird movie ending


I remember seeing Donnie Darko the first time and just staring at the screen after it ended. For some reason it took me a long time to figure out what "happened" and even then (or now) I'm still going, wait, was that what happened? Of course it wasn't really that "complicated" per se. There's time travel and wormholes involved and the end is just the beginning of the film except the main character (Jake Gyllenhaal) ends up dying.

Maybe the real reason I picked this film, other than because it was just the first "freakishly weird" film I thought of, was because I had always found something off about Gretchen (Jena Malone) waving to Donnie's mom, Rose Darko (Mary McDonnell) in the end there...


Clearly, she's up to no good...

I immediately fabricated this whole other movie where Gretchen controlled time and space and made this happen somehow. Yeah, sometimes I think I'm crazy, too.

2 comments:

  1. Much better than mine. At least the movie itself is hella enjoyable, even if the end is a o_O situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ending. Let's go with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!