Sunday, August 15, 2010

Movie Meme: Day 15

"31 Day Movie Meme"


Day 15 | Best musical


"The hardest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return."

Well I don't know about "best," but this is definitely one of my favorite musicals ever. Moulin Rouge! is a treat for the eyes and ears as it should be since it's the third film in Baz Luhrmann's lush and captivating Red Curtain Trilogy.

Way before Glee made mash-ups and covering pop songs cool, Moulin Rouge! used those for its electric soundtrack to match its eye-popping and grand visuals. Like Christian to Satine, it really was love at first sight with the film.

Nicole Kidman has never looked as radiant as she did as Satine, the beautiful courtesan that falls in love with Christian, the handsome penniless writer played by Ewan McGregor. This was actually the first film of McGregor I had seen so this would always be the film that I associate with him even with the multitude of characters he has since played. And when both of them are singing? Forget it, I'm gone. As cheesy as The Elephant Love Medley is, it remains breathtaking whenever I listen to it. Don't get me started on "Come What May."

Now if only these two would just reunite for another musical, it would just be the greatest thing ever.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulousness. I was so close to using this, and I hadn't seen your entry. So I'm glad I went with AtU. Gorgeousness. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!