Saturday, August 28, 2010

Movie Meme: Day 28

"31 Day Movie Meme"


Day 28 | Most over-hyped movie


Almost wanted to skip this one because I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I mean over-hyped according to who? I mean I guess over-hyped according to me, but I tend to have such a laissez-faire reaction to many things, so this was ultimately hard for me to really express.

But then I thought... Star Wars! And not just the new films that were more or less criticized and still made boatloads of money, but the original trilogy as well.

I'm probably the only self-identified geek I know that never really got into Star Wars, even the original trilogy. In fact, I have not seen ANY of the Star Wars films all the way through. I, of course, respect what they did for Hollywood, technology, fandom, and sci-fi genre in general, but unlike many people I don't hold them up in some reverential light. And apart from the main stories and some of the characters, I would most likely fail at even the most basic Star Wars trivia game.

Does this mean I have zero geek cred now? Am I permanently shunned from cons? I still obsess over Doctor Who! Shouldn't that count? I mean it actually debut earlier and has lasted longer! So there.

Make sure to check out Bunny's blog for her pick. She chose a really good one. All I can say is AMEN! Also, die in a fire!

2 comments:

  1. Nope that's it. You're now officially kicked out of the nerd club. Too bad, so sad!

    ...just kidding, we nerds still love you *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I will join you in the "Geeks who don't watch Star Wars" corner. We're lonely, but we have cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!