Monday, August 23, 2010

Movie Meme: Day 23

"31 Day Movie Meme"


Day 23 | Best explosion or action scene


Going to go with Quentin Tarantino here, more specifically, that massive fight scene in Kill Bill: Volume 1 where Uma Thurman maims, kills, and injures a crap-load of bad guys.

It's totally gory and totally ridiculous, but it's still loads of fun to watch. Apparently in the international DVD version of the film, the whole sequence is in color, but I like the original theatrical version where some parts were in black and white. I guess it was probably due to the MPAA being squeamish about all of the blood, but I quite like the contrast of the artsy black and white with the highly comical and violent fight scene happening on screen.

I can say more, but why not just see it for yourself? The video below is the international version so it's not my preferred version, but you could still check out the gore-tastic sequence:



My second choice probably would've been the Battle at Helms Deep from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Luckily, Andrew picked that for his entry. Meanwhile, Bunny picked the nicely choreograph and totally sexy battle in Mr. & Mrs. Smith between Brad and Angelina.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!