Sunday, August 29, 2010

Movie Meme: Day 29

"31 Day Movie Meme"


Day 29 | Movie you have watched more than ten times


This is going to be a quick one since it's Emmy night and all. With that said, the film is Dirty Dancing and the why? I honestly don't know. I remember recording it on VHS from a TV broadcast one year and I just kept rewatching it. I eventually lost the VHS tape recording, maybe because I recorded something over it (how quaint!), but I still found myself watching the film every year during its encore showings on TBS or USA Network or one of those kinds of networks.

Maybe it was the whole "wanting to rebel against one's parents" by doing something you love and if that something is dancing with a hot guy, practicing until both of you work up a sweat in the studio until you have to go to the lake and cool off, then who couldn't relate to THAT? Plus that final scene with the last performance, that iconic lift, and everyone dancing and having fun just leaves you with such a great feeling that you'd want to revisit over and over again. Oddly enough, it's probably been about 2-3 years since I saw this film. This must be corrected very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness. I already had my answer for this one ready, but yours would've worked just as well. I quote it a lot, too. And sing to the soundtrack.

    And dance a little. ::cough::

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!