Sunday, June 14, 2009

Disney's Top Ten

This weekend I ended up seeing Aladdin on ABC Family. Nevermind that I already own the DVD and have seen it countless of times, but I saw the whole thing. And so I was suddenly compelled to make a Top 10 list of my favorite Disney animated films similar to that Pixar Top Ten list I made two weeks ago. Since my memory is shot, I used this list to come up with my ten films.

1. Aladdin (1992)
2. Beauty & The Beast (1991)
3. The Lion King (1994)
4. Mulan (1998)
5. Cinderella (1950)
6. The Little Mermaid (1989)
7. Sleeping Beauty (1959)
8. Fantasia (1940)
9. Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
10. Everything Else

I admit that my #10 choice is a huge cop-out, but I honestly got to #8 on my list and I got stuck. How do I rank all of these other films? I mean there's Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Pocahontas, Emperor's New Groove, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I mean don't make me choose!

Looking at this list however, I realize that it's been more than ten years since there's a Disney film I absolutely love (Mulan). In more recent years, my Disney love turned into Pixar obsession. I do have high hopes for Disney's newest film this year, The Princess and the Frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!