Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's Show Time

The 63rd Tony Awards are set to air on CBS tonight starting at 8PM. I will be watching because (a) love award shows (b) nothing else is on and (c) Neil Patrick Harris will be hosting. I think he's going to do a great job and I hope he graces us with his singing, which reminds me, why don't I own Doctor Horrible yet?

In any case, for someone who lives so close to New York City, it's a shame I don't go to Broadway shows often. Time is a factor, but also the money. Of course there are always lots of deals, but I usually see the price of admission and think about how many movies I could see with that. Last show I saw was more than seven months ago when I saw Equus with Daniel Radcliffe. I also saw Spring Awakening a few months before that. And then nothing else for a few years. Shame.

Oh well. I'm fairly informed about the nominations at least this year. I'm not really rooting for anything, but I do have a special place in my heart for Billy Elliot since I just loved the film version so much so I'm at least hoping it doesn't walk home empty-handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!