Monday, June 22, 2009

Birthday Girl: Meryl Streep

Today is Meryl Streep's 60th birthday. And if you think that picture on the left was taken 10-20 years ago, it wasn't. It was taken only three years ago! So she's a legendary actress who can more than carry a tune and everyone loves and respects her. And she's doing all of this while aging gracefully. How is this fair?!

Now, I consider myself a Streep fan, but shockingly enough I have not seen her two Oscar-winning roles. I know it's shameful. But I have seen most of the movies she has put out this decade and it really has just been a hoot seeing her not only as a perennial Oscar favorite but more recently headlining blockbusters. This year she'll probably get more award nominations for either (or both) Julie & Julia or the untitled Nancy Meyers Project.

She graduated from my alma mater Vassar College. I've actually seen her on campus a few times during my time there as she was/is a member of the Board of Trustees. Once, I actually bumped into her at a buffet line. I was rendered speechless of course.

Finally, fellow blogger Nat over at Film Experience Blog is in the middle of his Meryl Month. Today he posted 60 Appropriate Ways to Celebrate Meryl Streep Month in honor of her birthday. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!