Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up with Pixar's Top Ten

Pixar has released Up, its tenth film, this weekend and it's yet another fantastic film to add to their already great lineup. I ended up seeing this with my brother this morning, in 3D no less, and of course fell in love with it. What some people might find shocking though is that this is only the second time I've seen a Pixar film in theaters. The first time was last year with WALL•E. No real reason why this happened. I eventually saw most of the films on DVD and have realized that Pixar could probably do no wrong.


With Up as Pixar's tenth film, lots of people have been ranking the films coming up with a Pixar Top Ten. So of course I just had to join the bandwagon and do the same.

1. Finding Nemo
2. WALL•E
3. Up
4. Toy Story

I just think these four films are almost flawless. Of course I'm not naive enough to actually think they ARE flawless, but the experience of watching them just made me see animated film in a whole new light. Though who knows what some time and repeat viewings will do to Up but for now, it belongs in the upper echelon.

5. The Incredibles
6. Ratatouille
7. Toy Story 2
8. A Bug’s Life


These next four films are great and it just speaks volumes about Pixar that the lower ranked films in their lineup can still be seen as great works of art.

- Monsters, Inc.
- Cars

Finally, these are the two films I have not yet seen. I just Netflix'd Monsters, Inc. so I will get to see that soon. And I will eventually see Cars, mostly dubbed as the "worst" of Pixar's films, but I'm in no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!