Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pixar Grants Dying Girl's Wish


The title pretty much sums it all up. The full story is over at The OC Register, but the gist of it is that sometimes big companies have heart.

Ten-year-old Colby Curtin had vascular cancer, but like many children her age she wanted to see Pixar's latest movie Up. She, however, grew too weak to see the film in theaters. A family friend contacted Pixar and instead of turning a blind eye, they flew one of their employees with a screener of the film and other goodies.

She died seven hours later.

For my part, I pretty much cried when I read the article. So now Up has made me cry for a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!