Saturday, June 6, 2009

Torchwood Returns in July

When Torchwood made its debut, I was a bit hesitant to jump on the bandwagon. My love for Doctor Who forced me to watch this show and while it had its moments during the first season, my general reaction was meh. The characters were engaging, but the show as a whole didn't leave me a lasting impression.

Character development catapulted this show as one of my favorites last year. I actually started to care about these people to the point that I cried during the fifth episode when something bad happened to them and NEARLY SUFFOCATED on my tears during the finale when something REALLY bad happened to them.


So now after almost a year of waiting, Torchwood is back. Albeit not as a full season, but as a five-episode miniseries "Children of Earth." It's set to air on BBC One five nights in a row at the beginning of July in the UK while US audiences have to wait until BBC America airs the first episode on July 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!