Sunday, January 16, 2011

Last-Minute Golden Globes Predictions


Now awards season is really underway as the Hollywood Foreign Press will have their turns to tell us the best of the year at the Golden Globes tonight. With the season as predictable as it has been, I'm hoping that in their drunken stupor, the Globes will give us a few surprises. While I stuck with a lot of the front-runners in my predictions, I tried to mix it up a bit in a few categories. I absolutely went crazy in the TV categories at least.

My predictions are as follows:

(Read my thoughts on the film nominations here)

Best Motion Picture, Drama: The Social Network
Best Motion Picture, Comedy: The Kids Are All Right
Best Director: David Fincher, The Social Network
Best Actress, Drama: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Best Actress, Comedy: Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
Best Actor, Drama: Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Best Actor, Comedy: Jake Gyllenhaal, Love & Other Drugs
Best Supporting Actress: Helena Bonham Carter, The King's Speech
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale, The Fighter
Best Animated Film: Toy Story 3
Best Foreign Language Film: I Am Love
Best Screenplay: The Social Network
Best Score: Inception
Best Song: “You Haven’t Seen The Last of Me,” Burlesque

(Read my thoughts on the TV nominations here)

Best TV Series, Drama: Boardwalk Empire
Best TV Series, Comedy: Modern Family
Best Actress, Drama: Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Best Actress, Comedy: Laura Linney, The Big C
Best Actor, Drama: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Best Actor, Comedy: Jim Parsons, Big Bang Theory
Best Mini-Series or TV Movie: Carlos
Best Actress, Miniseries/TV Movie: Claire Danes, Temple Grandin
Best Actor, Miniseries/TV Movie: Al Pacino, You Don't Know Jack
Best Supporting Actress: Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
Best Supporting Actor: Chris Colfer, Glee

I had a horrendous record last year with my predictions and I'm not exactly hopeful about these latest predictions either. But it really is all about what the stars are wearing on the red carpet anyways, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!