Thursday, January 13, 2011

Birthday Boy: Orlando Bloom


The new year has been especially good for birthday boy Orlando Bloom. His wife Miranda Kerr, who he married last summer, successfully delivered their bundle of joy. Though details such as birth place, birth date, and even the baby's name are scarce, huge congratulations are due to both. Professionally, he's going back to Middle Earth as news came out earlier this month that he was to reprise his role as Legolas in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit.

Good thing, too, since it's been way too long since I've seen him in anything. Last film I saw him in was 2009's New York, I Love You playing opposite Christina Ricci, which was a huge treat for me as my high school-college crush was paired off with my grade school crush. Before that, he was of course in the final third Pirates of the Caribbean film. He had a few films that were supposed to be released last year, more notably Sympathy for the Devil directed by Mark Ruffalo, but I don't think that ever got a distributor. In any case, fans of his have The Good Doctor and The Three Musketeers to look forward to this year.

Of course, undoubtedly, he'll be keeping busy with his baby and a few hobbits for the next couple of months years. Happy Birthday, Orlando!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!