Sunday, June 13, 2010

TV Meme: Day 13

"30 Days TV Meme"


Day 13 | Favorite childhood show


Boy Meets World.

I can't say for certain I've watched every single episode from the very beginning, but I must have after all of these years. I mean, when it was on, it was almost a tradition to watch it on ABC on Friday nights in that network's wonderfully nostalgic "TGIF" lineup. Sadly ABC's Friday night lineup now is usually occupied by lame-ass reality shows.

The show really should've been called Two Boys and a Girl Meet World. It revolved around the friendships of Cory Matthews (Ben Savage), Shawn Hunter (Rider Strong), and Topanga Lawrence (Danielle Fishel) as they all go through the trials and tribulations of growing up. We follow them from middle school to high school and finally to college.

There was really nothing groundbreaking or even particularly special about the show, but it was great seeing kids roughly my age (I was about five or so years younger than the characters) on TV go through the whole growing up thing. I watched as Cory ran from Topanga because she was a weirdo, then years later kissing her in Disney World and finally marrying her. I watched Shawn go from goof ball to rebel to alcoholic to poet. I watched Topanga use lipstick to paint all over her face as a sign of protest to proposing to Cory during their high school graduation. And, of course, I watched Mr. Feeny (Fe-ee-ee-ny) go from their middle school teacher to their high school principal and finally as their college professor... really.

Shockingly, it's been awhile since I've seen an episode. This must be rectified ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!