Saturday, June 5, 2010

TV Meme: Day 05

"30 Days TV Meme"


Day 05 | A show you hate

I'm going to narrow down the list by limiting myself to network TV. Why not cable TV as well? Because the amount of crap there is just too mind-numbing to think about. I'm sure I can rattle off a long list of stupid reality shows on E!, VH1, MTV, etc., but in really I don't even have the energy to "hate" any of those types of shows, because wow, they're SO not worth my time. And don't even get me started on FOX NEWS.

Now "hate" is such a strong word, because again it takes effort to hate something and if you really don't care for a particular show, it's just not worth it. With that said, my answer to this one is The Jay Leno Show, because it was the one show, in recent memory, that I actively disliked and remembered wishing it would get canceled as soon as possible.

The green-lighting of this show and its subsequent mess of a cancellation have got to be the most boneheaded moves by a TV network since the cancellation of Firefly and Wonderfalls by FOX. But what made it worse was that it rocked the very foundations of the TV industry. Putting a one-hour variety/comedy/talk show on prime time every night in lieu of scripted programming was a Hail Mary move from NBC that turned into the fumble of the decade. And when it all went to hell, as expected by EVERYONE, their exit strategy was probably even worst kicking rising star Conan O'Brien to the curb and putting Leno back where he belongs. But if you ask me, where Leno really belongs is off the air.

Way to ruin The Tonight Show for me, Leno and NBC. Damn you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!