Wednesday, December 2, 2009

SYTYCD: The Top 10


Sometimes I can be a bit overly dramatic. Case in point, after last week's SYTYCD results show I declared on my twitter that "since the judges got rid of virtually all of my early favorites, I won't continue watching the rest of the competition." And I felt pretty strongly about it, too. In fact, I didn't watch the Top 10 performance episode yesterday. Today, however, I buckled and decided to check out my recording of it (yup, I still recorded it) and well I may have been enticed back.

Thus goes my up and down relationship with this season. I didn't agree with the judges getting rid of the tappers early on especially Bianca Revels and Peter Sabasino. Then came last week's elimination of two of my other favorites, Karen Hauer and Victor Smalley, and I just felt like the judges were out to get me especially since I wasn't especially connecting with the performers that they DID put through the Top 10.

For your reference, the Top 10 dancers are Ashleigh Di Lello, Ellenore Scott, Jakob Karr, Kathryn McCormick, Legacy Perez, Mollee Gray, Nathan Trasoras, Noelle Marsh, Russell Ferguson, and Ryan Di Lello. The show did something smart this past episode though. They got rid of the practice videos and instead replaced them with videos highlighting each of the contestants. Suffice it to say, most of them were full of inspiring stories and family members crying. Immediately, I connected to some of them. Go figure, right?

It also helped that some of the routines last night were particularly good. Ashleigh/Legacy's super-tough contemporary piece to the tune of Poison was spectacular to watch and so was the thrilling Sonya contemporary piece performed by Jakob/Ellenore that prompted a standing ovation from all the judges. It was also great to see the new partnership of Mollee/Russell and then them perform two very solid routines. The solos I enjoyed the most came from Ryan, Legacy, and Ellenore.

Anyways, I guess I'll see this through to its bitter end. Maybe by that time I'll have someone to root for to make the experience more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!