Monday, December 21, 2009

End-Of-Year: 2009 TV Nominees


I actually had a very difficult time narrowing down my favorite TV shows and performances for this past year. So much so that not only did I have to split the Best Show category to Comedy and Drama, but I had to do this for every single category as well INCLUDING the supporting categories.

The nominees are...

Best Show, Drama
Battlestar Galactica
Being Human
Dollhouse
Mad Men
Lost
Torchwood

Best Show, Comedy
Big Bang Theory
Castle
Glee
Greek
How I Met Your Mother
Modern Family

Best Actor, Drama
John Barrowman, Torchwood
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
John Noble, Fringe
Russell Tovey, Being Human
Kiefer Sutherland, 24

Best Actor, Comedy
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Nathan Fillion, Castle
Scott Michael Foster, Greek
Zachary Levi, Chuck
Joel McHale, Community

Best Actress, Drama
Julianna Marguillies, The Good Wife
Mary McDonnell, Battlestar Galactica
Elizabeth Moss, Mad Men
Eve Myles, Torchwood
Annie Wersching, 24

Best Actress, Comedy
Courtney Cox, Cougar Town
America Ferrera, Ugly Betty
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Stana Katic, Castle
Lea Michele, Glee

Best Supporting Actor, Drama
Misha Collins, Supernatural
Gareth David-Lloyd, Torchwood
Michael Emerson, Lost
Enver Gjokaj, Dollhouse
Fran Kranz, Dollhouse

Best Supporting Actor, Comedy
Dan Byrd, Cougar Town
Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother
Jim Parsons, Big Bang Theory
Danny Pudi, Community
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family

Best Supporting Actress, Drama
Tricia Helfer, Battlestar Galactica
Christina Hendricks, Mad Men
Dichen Lachman, Dollhouse
Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife
Elizabeth Mitchell, Lost

Best Supporting Actress, Comedy
Alison Brie, Community
Yvette Nicole Brown, Community
Kaley Cuoco, Big Bang Theory
Alyson Hannigan, How I Met Your Mother
Jane Lynch, Glee

Nomination Tally: 4 - Community, Dollhouse, Mad Men, Torchwood; 3 - Big Bang Theory, Battlestar Galactica, Castle, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Lost; 2 - 24, 30 Rock, Being Human, Cougar Town, The Good Wife, Greek, Modern Family; 1 - Chuck, Fringe, Supernatural Ugly Betty.

My personal favorite categories are the supporting categories since there's even still a handful of worthy performances I didn't mention. Such an embarrassment of riches really.

I'll post the winners sometime this week, hopefully before Christmas. Then, after Christmas, I'll do my usual ranked list of my favorite 30ish shows for the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!