Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kelly Clarkson Gets Grammy Nod

The Grammy Awards is like the one major award show where I don't really get crazy obsessed over. I mean it's not Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys, etc. Plus the sheer amount of nominees is just plain ridiculous.

Having said that, it's quite nice when your favorites are awarded. My favorite Grammy year was back in 2006 when Kelly Clarkson won two Grammy awards for Best Female Pop Vocal and Best Pop Vocal Album. This year, she was yet again nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album for "All I Ever Wanted." That's great and all, but I had expected so much more, so color me disappointed.

Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga fared much better amassing a number of nominations including Best Record and Best Album of the Year. Click here for the entire list of nominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!