Sunday, December 13, 2009

AFI Top Ten Lists of 2009

MOVIES OF THE YEAR
  • Coraline
  • The Hangover
  • The Hurt Locker
  • The Messenger
  • Precious
  • A Serious Man
  • A Single Man
  • Sugar
  • Up
  • Up in the Air
I've only seen about 6 out of 10 on the list, but to me it looks like a pretty solid list with Oscar-favorites The Hurt Locker, Precious, Up, and Up in the Air getting expected love. The inclusion of The Hangover may shock a few people, but it's the exclusion of (500) Days of Summer that rubs me the wrong way.

TELEVISION PROGRAMS OF THE YEAR
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Big Love
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Glee
  • Mad Men
  • Modern Family
  • The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
  • Nurse Jackie
  • Party Down
Where's Lost?!?! That's pretty much my initial and still main reaction upon laying my eyes on this list. I mean it's good, I guess. It's hard for me to judge since I only watch 4 out of the 10 shows. But those four are definitely Top 10 worthy. Very worthy, if you catch my drift. And if not, wait a week. Anyways, I just don't get the exclusion of Lost, which delivered, yet again, a pitch perfect season. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!