Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Halfway Point

Since today marks the halfway point of 2011, many people are doing "best of" lists, which I think is great since a lot of people tend to forget anything that happened during the first half of the year when it comes to making their end-of-year lists in December.

I was close to doing the same, but I usually wait until the end of summer to talk about my favorite film performances especially since at this point, I just haven't seen that many movies (relatively). By the end of summer, however, I would've had my fill of summer films as well as having seen some earlier films from this year now available on DVD.

With that said, I do want to list the films I've seen so far so you know where I'm at. I'm listing these in alphabetical order, so there's no ranking implied.

  • Bridesmaids
  • The Conspirator
  • Hanna
  • HappyThankYouMorePlease
  • Jane Eyre

  • The Mechanic
  • Midnight in Paris
  • No Strings Attached
  • The Other Woman
  • Paul

  • Super 8
  • Thor
  • The Way Back
  • X-Men: First Class

I will tell you that my favorite film of the lot is Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris. It really is a jewel of a film that everyone should get a chance to see. And these are the actors that have appeared in two or more o those films: Kristen Wiig, James McAvoy, Saoirse Ronan, Michael Fassbender, Natalie Portman, Kevin Kline, and Tom Hiddleston. And oddly enough from that list, the Oscar winners probably had the least interesting roles of the bunch.

How many 2011 releases have you seen?

1 comment:

  1. Grand total of 7 movies in 2011 so far:

    King's Speech
    The Fighter (both released in 2010 I think)
    Lincoln Lawyer
    Thor
    POTC 4
    Super 8
    Green Lantern

    I may see Larry Crowne this weeekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!