Sunday, December 18, 2011

Birthday Hotties: Brad Pitt & Josh Dallas


Two blond prince charmings celebrate their birthdays today. One is getting plenty of Oscar buzz, while the other is in one of the few success stories of the new fall TV season.

The first one needs no introduction as Hollywood A-lister Brad Pitt turns 48 today coming off a fantastic year in film. Just this week, he was nominated for a Golden Globe, SAG Award, and BFCA Award for his portrayal of Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane in Moneyball. All of that coupled with his celebrity status, almost assures him his third Oscar nomination and is a real threat to win his first. He also appeared in this year Cannes-winning film The Tree of Life where I thought he delivered a better performance as the strict father figure.

Relative newcomer Josh Dallas is the other birthday celebrant today turning just 30 years old. He first caught my eye when he appeared in one episode of Hawaii Five-0 last season, but caught my attention again when he appeared in one of the few pleasantly surprising films for me this year, Thor. He just had a bit part there as one of Thor's friends in battle. Despite that, he is probably more well-known now as playing Prince Charming on ABC's Once Upon A Time. While I was initially down on the show, Dallas' chemistry with Ginnifer Goodwin (who plays Snow White) and their respective and interwoven stories are my favorites parts and make me look forward to the show more and more each week.

And just in case, I didn't mention it and you were blind, both of these guys are ridiculous easy on the eyes, too, aren't they? Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!