Sunday, January 17, 2010

Golden Globes Predictions


The Golden Globes airs on NBC tonight with Ricky Gervais as host. Below are my not-too-confident predictions which is a good thing since it means that most of the categories can go any which way. Sure Meryl Streep and Kathryn Bigelow will probably win along with Mad Men and Up in all of their respective categories. But for the most part, I can see a lot of different combinations of winners.

Click here to see my thoughts on the nominations: Film Nominees and TV Nominees.

Best Motion Picture, Drama: Avatar
Best Motion Picture, Comedy: Nine
Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
Best Actress, Drama: Carey Mulligan, An Education
Best Actress, Comedy: Meryl Streep, Julie & Julia
Best Actor, Drama: George Clooney, Up in the Air
Best Actor, Comedy: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, (500) Days of Summer
Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique, Precious
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds
Best Animated Film: Up
Best Foreign Language Film: A Prophet
Best Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds
Best Score: Avatar
Best Song: "Winters," Brothers

Best TV Series, Drama: Mad Men
Best TV Series, Comedy: Glee
Best Actress, Drama: Glenn Close, Damages
Best Actress, Comedy: Toni Collett, United States of Tara
Best Actor, Drama: Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Best Actor, Comedy: Steve Carrell, The Office
Best Actress, Miniseries/TV Movie: Sigourney Weaver, Prayers for Bobby
Best Actor, Miniseries/TV Movie: Kevin Bacon, Taking Chance
Best Supporting Actress: Jane Lynch, Glee
Best Supporting Actor: Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother

Note that the above are predictions and not who I necessarily want to win. There's really only a handful of people I'm rooting for to win--Meryl Streep, Neil Patrick Harris, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Jane Lynch. As you can see, I've predicted all of them to win as well. I feel as if I'm jinxing them by doing that, but hey sometimes you got to go with your heart. I'm also rooting for Modern Family and (500) Days of Summer to win Best Comedy in TV and Film, but I'm predicting their flashier musical rivals to win over the HFPA. We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!