Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PGA To Honor Joss Whedon

Yesterday, it was announced that the Producers Guild of America will present Joss Whedon with the 2010 Vanguard Award. The Vanguard Award recognizes achievements in new media and technology. Most of this is probably due to Whedon's Emmy-winning work on Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog, but as a huge Whedon-fan I'm goign to take it as recognition on his various TV/film endeavors.

Whedon's reaction was very, well, Joss:
This is an honor I didn’t expect and probably don’t deserve. The truth is, I’ve never actually guarded a van. But I am a super-total visionary, so that fits. I’m ready to take my place next to the guys who made ‘THX 1138’ and ‘Tin Toy’ (Did they ever do anything else, btw? They showed such promise.). This is a time of radical change in media delivery and content, and I’m honestly proud the PGA has singled me out as someone who sort of knows what’s going on.

I'm sure this doesn't make the cancellation of his newest show any easier, but awards are always nice to get especially from one's peers. Congratulations Joss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!