Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The 00s: TV Premieres

A few people are already staring to make not only their end-of-year lists, but also their end-of-decade lists! And you may not know this, but I'm just a wee bit crazy when it comes to lists. They have to be as complete as possible and I drive myself mad every year. And this year I now have to worry about the whole decade?! Dear God.

Therefore, I'm starting my research early. I thought I would start with TV shows first since there's at least some sort of continuity through the decade unlike movies which change every year. So using IMDB, Wikipedia, and my obsessive compulsive nature, I've listed below a few key shows that premiered during the decade:

2000 - Ed, Boston Public, Dark Angel, Gilmore Girls, Survivor, CSI, Queer As Folk, Curb Your Enthusiasm

2001 - Alias, 24, Amazing Race, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, Six Feet Under


2002 - American Idol, Everwood, Without A Trace, Firefly, 8 Simple Rules, The Wire, Monk, The Dead Zone, The Shield, Stargate SG-1

2003 - Arrested Development, The O.C., Tru Calling, Wonderfalls, Two and a Half Men, NCIS, Joan of Arcadia, Dead Like Me, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Nip/Tuck


2004 - Desperate Housewives, Jack & Bobby, Veronica Mars, Lost, House, Battlestar Galactica, Boston Legal, Entourage, The L Word, Deadwood, Project Runway, The 4400, Rescue Me

2005 - Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, Supernatural, The Office, SYTYCD, Doctor Who, Rome, Weeds, Medium, N3MBERS, Prison Break, Bones, Criminal Minds, The Closer


2006 - Brothers & Sisters, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Studio 60, 30 Rock, Dexter, Ugly Betty, Torchwood, New Adventures of Old Christine, Big Love, Psych, Eureka

2007 - Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Journeyman, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, Gossip Girl, Mad Men, Samantha Who, Reaper, Flight of the Conchords, Burn Notice, Saving Grace, Damages


2008 - Terminator, Eli Stone, Castle, The Mentalist, Fringe, Dollhouse, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy

2009 - V, The Good Wife, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Glee, FlashForward, Community, Better Off Ted, The Middle, Vampire Diaries, United States of Tara, Nurse Jackie, Warehouse 13

Whew! This is obviously not everything. My goal here really wasn't to be comprehensive, but to list shows I either have seen or those shows that made some sort of impact this decade. If you think I'm missing anything worth it, I'd greatly appreciate your help to fill in any blanks.

Now... where can I get a comprehensive list of movies released by year? Oh man, what have I gotten myself into?

1 comment:

  1. I understand your being a little crazy. I take days just to correctly rank films of one year when I do my years in review.

    A comprehensive list...ummm...though I'm from Guyana I use BOX OFFICE MOJO which has a list of all American releases in money making order. It's generally about 300-450 per year. So that's pretty comprehensive. Good luck.

    And because I can't help it...
    2000: Gilmore Girls [guilty pleasure]

    2001: Six Feet Under

    2002: Monk and American Idol, kind of

    2003: Joan of Arcadia, for a while

    2004: Entourage, DH, and Lost

    2005: Grey's, The Office, SYTYCD, Medium, The Closer

    2006: DEXTER!

    2007: Pushing Daisies

    2009: Glee

    Sorry. I just could not resist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!