Friday, August 21, 2009

Project Runway: Lifetime Premiere

Project Runway is back and it's in a different network! Not only that, they've also decided to move from the hustle and bustle of NYC to the sunnier star-filled Los Angeles. It's no wonder that the designer's first challenge was to come up with a red carpet look that showed innovation as well as their style.

The designers are as follows as well as my initial thoughts I had for them (if they made any impression on me at all that is):

[x] Althea Harper
[x] Ari Fish - I knew from the very beginning that she would probably be the first one to go if she really went crazy in this challenge. And she did and so she's gone.
[x] Carol Hannah Whitfield - She's quite bubbly and I think I like her. Her dress was very interesting to look at with all the folds and layers.
[x] Christopher Straub - He won the first challenge and while I quite loved his dress it really wasn't innovative and in fact I thought it was a bit safe.
[x] Epperson
[x] Gordana Gehlhausen
[x] Irina Shabayeva - I liked what she did with her dress, but I feel like I'm not going to like her much this season. I don't know why. She seems entitled to me or something.
[x] Johnny Sakalis - He used to be addicted to meth! He broke down on his first challenge! I mean inspiring story and all, but dude shouldn't be here if he freaked out over THIS pretty simple challenge.
[x] Logan Neitzel
[x] Louise Black
- She remind me of Diablo Cody. I don't think that's a good thing. But I WANT to like her. I think I'm going to be looking forward to what she designs.
[x] Malvin Vien - I'm either going to love him or hate him. So far though I'm ambivalent. As was his design.
[x] Mitchell Hall - I initially latched onto him as SOMEONE TO WATCH. Too bad he kinda fizzled toward the end.
[x] Nicolas Putvinski
Qristyl Frazier
- I think I love her. The judges didn't much care for her wild dress, but it was the ONE dress that made me say WOW. And really isn't that what you want in a red carpet dress?
[x] Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman
[x] Shirin Askari

The challenge itself was pretty boring so I'm hoping that they revved it up in the upcoming episodes. At the very least I am not really hating on anyone right now which is good because I do not need another Santino Rice.

And before I forget, the guest celebrity judge was Lindsay Lohan. Insert joke here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!