Friday, February 17, 2012

Birthday Boy: Joseph Gordon-Levitt


Joseph Gordon-Levitt, or JGL for short, turned 31 today and yet even at such a relatively youthful age, he has done so much. From breaking out in television to headlining films to managing an online collaborative production company, he really has done it all.

Here's a fun fact: JGL starred in the first American film I saw in theaters. He was the main character. It was a fantastical film. It was also a sports movie. Any guesses? If you said Angels in the Outfield, well then yay for you (I posted about this film before). Of course I didn't really know JGL as I know him now, but I became quite familiar with him on his long stint on 3rd Rock from the Sun. But it wasn't until 10 Things I Hate About You, which came out in 1999, that I started to notice him (as well as his co-stars Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles).

After that it was one great performance after another in some of my favorite films films: Latter Days, Mysterious Skin, Brick. He just kept working and working and finally he was noticed by the industry giving him Golden Globe nominations for (500) Days of Summer and this past year's 50/50. For 2012, he's taking a much needed break... from sleeping. He has no less than five films coming out including films where he works with directors such as Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg, and Quentin Tarantino. Whew, just writing this post is making me tired.

So he's not going anywhere any time soon and that is just good news for all of us. Happy Birthday JGL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!