Sunday, September 30, 2012

TV Report: Premiere Week

How's Premiere Week treating everyone? I myself have watched roughly 12 hours worth of TV shows, which is par for the course for me. I've already made my thoughts known on the new pilots. I already can't wait to see more of what Mindy Project or Last Resort have to offer. On the other hand, I practically have to force myself to watch the second episode of Revolutions, which I haven't even done yet! Of course there's one more day left to Premiere Week and it's packed. There's approximately 7 shows I want to watch tonight. Yes, that's not a typo! But that's tonight. For now just a few very brief thoughts on the returning shows this week I've seen, but haven't yet talked about...


- Steven Weber is Caroline's dad on 2 Broke Girls? I didn't see that coming. I really was expecting some older dude or perhaps keeping his character unseen by the audience. The show itself? Not much to recommend sadly.

- Castle is much better at the funny stuff than at the serious stuff so I was pleased by all the bedroom hijinks and less so at more Kate's mother's murder drama. Though making HRG the Big Bad? Nicely done.

- I recognized that New Girl got way better throughout last season, but was it just me or did the 2-episode premiere kind of started off a wee bit slow? Future Nick was funny, but everything else just sort of happened.

- My thoughts on Modern Family winning the Emmys has been noted, but I still can admit a good premiere episode when I see it and I think they knocked it out of the park. That said, still not sure how I feel about the time jump.

- Is it just me or is it hard to care about Big Bang Theory? Stuart and Raj's scene at the end was nice, but everything else was pretty meh. Kind of over Amy's unhealthy fixation on Sheldon.

- Yes, I still watch Glee, but I actually thought its premiere episode a couple weeks ago was quite good. Unfortunately these last two have not. This week's especially started off with a Blaine solo and ended with Finn returning. DO. NOT. WANT.

- I loved, loved last week's Parks & Recreation premiere with Leslie visiting Washington D.C. This week's episode was more of a mixed bag with three storylines that didn't really gel with each other. Still the best comedy out there though.

- Last, but not least, the Fringe premiere was fantastic. Edge of my seats kind of stuff with the requisite heartbreakingly emotional scenes. The mother/daughter reunion was everything.

I've decided for this new season that instead of doing daily or even weekly updates on every show I watch (which would be ridiculous since I watch EVERYTHING), I'm just going to update when I have actual things to say and comment on. Or at least that's what I'll be trying to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!