Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Looking Forward To...


There are two films coming out this weekend which I have been dying to see since I heard about them. When I first hear Joseph Gordon-Levitt was teaming up yet again with Brick and Brothers Bloom director Rian Johnson for a time-travel assassin film, I certainly wished I could've jumped to the future for its opening release. Alas, I had to wait months and months, but finally Looper is here and apparently it is also very awesome. As I write this, Looper is currently at 93% at Rotten Tomatoes, but even if it was a few percentage lower, I would be first in line. I hear the film is quite original in its concept so I'm also hoping the film does big box office business. We need more films like this one. The film also stars Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, and Piper Perabo.


The other film coming out this weekend that I'm very excited for is Pitch Perfect. I've heard the film described as Bring It On except with acapella singers and from the hilarious trailers I've seen all summer, that pretty much is how it's being advertised. It stars the super likable Anna Kendrick who plays the new girl with the great voice. Brittany Snow, Anna Camp, Rebel Wilson, Adam Devine, and Elizabeth Banks are also in this seemingly talented ensemble. From the few reviews that are in, it seems as if this film was exactly what I was hoping for--wonderfully fun. This film will be in limited release this weekend, but it expands wide the following weekend. I know I haven't seen it yet, but I already know I'm going to be recommending it to everyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!