Saturday, January 14, 2012

Golden Globes Predictions


Since I posted my predictions for Oscar nominations yesterday, might as well post my Golden Globe winners for tomorrow's ceremony. Though to be honest, everyone is watching the ceremony to see what crazy/non-crazy thing Ricky Gervais does tomorrow, right? Oh and the pretty dresses of course.

My predictions are as follows:

Best Motion Picture, Drama: The Descendants
Best Motion Picture, Comedy: The Artist
Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist
Best Actress, Drama: Viola Davis, The Help
Best Actress, Comedy: Michelle Williams, My Week with Marilyn
Best Actor, Drama: Brad Pitt, Moneyball
Best Actor, Comedy: Ryan Gosling, Crazy Stupid Love
Best Supporting Actress: Jessica Chastain, The Help
Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, Beginners
Best Animated Film: Rango
Best Foreign Language Film: In The Land of Bloody and Honey
Best Screenplay: Midnight in Paris
Best Score: The Artist
Best Song: "The Living Proof," The Help

(Read my thoughts on the film nominations here)

Best TV Series, Drama: Homeland
Best TV Series, Comedy: Modern Family
Best Actress, Drama: Claire Danes, Homeland
Best Actress, Comedy: Laura Linney, The Big C
Best Actor, Drama: Kelsey Grammer, Boss
Best Actor, Comedy: Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Best Mini-Series or TV Movie: Downton Abbey
Best Actress, Miniseries/TV Movie: Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce
Best Actor, Miniseries/TV Movie: Hugh Bonneville, Downton Abbey
Best Supporting Actress: Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Best Supporting Actor: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones

(Read my thoughts on the TV nominations here)

I'm kind of all over the place and I'm pretty sure a lot of these are wrong. I did pretty okay last year with my predictions, but I was horrendous the year prior. We'll see where I'll land this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!