Friday, February 28, 2014

My Oscar Predictions


Slowly, but surely I'm coming to accept the fact that I might not be able to post my ranked list of favorite movies from the past year before the Academy Awards this Sunday, which is just a complete failure of my time management skills, but there it is. So instead I'll just focus on the upcoming Oscars, which means predictions!

Best Picture: 12 Years a Slave
Best Director: Alfonso Cuarón, Gravity
Best Lead Actor: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Lead Actress: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Best Supporting Actor: Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips
Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave
Best Original Screenplay: Her
Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave
Best Animated Film: Frozen
Best Foreign Language Film: The Great Beauty
Best Original Score: Gravity
Best Original Song: "Let it Go," Frozen
Best Editing: Gravity
Best Production Design: The Great Gatsby
Best Cinematography: Gravity
Best Costume Design: American Hustle
Best Makeup and Hair: Dallas Buyers Club
Best Documentary: 20 Feet From Stardom
Best Documentary Short: The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life
Best Animated Short: Get a Horse!
Best Live Action Short: The Voorman Problem
Best Sound Editing: Gravity
Best Sound Mixing: Gravity
Best Visual Effects: Gravity

Tally: 7 - Gravity; 3 - 12 Years a Slave; 2 - Dallas Buyers Club, Frozen; 1 - Blue Jasmine, Captain Phillips, Her, The Great Beauty, The Great Gatsby, American Hustle, 20 Feet From Stardom, The Lady in Number 6, Get a Horse!, The Voorman Problem

So I pretty much predict Gravity mostly sweeping, which is ridiculous in the light that I also predict that it'll lose Best Picture to 12 Years a Slave! It's just that kind of year. Hell, I'm predicting American Hustle to walk away with just one win for Costume even though it's more likely it'll walk home with way more awards than that. And Barkhad Abdi over Jared Leto?! Yup, I'm clearly insane. I can't wait to see how wrong I am this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!