Monday, July 1, 2013

The Halfway Point of 2013

With 2013 halfway done, I'm actually a bit surprised that I managed to see as many movies at this point of the year as I did last year. Of course, I'm only counting those films that had a theatrical release this year. If I count all films I see, the list would be way too long. So without further a due and in alphabetical order...

  • Beautiful Creatures
  • Before Midnight
  • The Great Gatsby (2013)
  • Iron Man 3

  • It's a Disaster
  • Much Ado About Nothing (2013)
  • Now You See Me
  • Oz: The Great and Powerful

  • The Place Beyond the Pines
  • Quartet
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
  • Stoker

  • This is the End
  • Trance
  • Warm Bodies
  • World War Z

Two zombie films, two adaptations of classic literature, two films capping a couple of trilogies, and two three four end of the world films. Usually there are a handful of actors that appear in two or more films, but this year I think that honor only goes to Isla Fisher.

With regards to which films are my favorite, right now that honor goes to two films: Joss Whedon's delightfully charming Shakespeare adaptation and Richard Linklater's nearly two-decade love letter co-written by Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. Both films will surely factor into my top 10 at the end of the year. How about you? How many films have you seen so far this year? And what was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!