Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Normal Heart

I don't really know much about The Normal Heart other than it being centered around the AIDS crisis happening in New York City during the 80s, which is intriguing enough, but the Broadway cast looks absolutely, positively amazing.


It caught my eye when I first heard that Emmy winner Jim Parsons and Emmy nominated Lee Pace were going to be part of the cast. I've been a long-time fan of Lee Pace since I saw him in Wonderfalls and he has followed that with some inspired work in Pushing Daisies and The Fall. It was after I was already obsessed with him that I discovered his brilliant work in Soldier's Girl where he plays a transgendered performer. I only really know Parsons from his hilarious work in Big Bang Theory, but I'm looking forward to seeing him play a role that's hopefully vastly different from his vaguely autistic character on the show.

Now comes word that the adorable Luke McFarlane will be joining the ensemble and it's apparently his Broadway debut. I know him from Brothers & Sisters and I think his addition to the cast will be perfect. The rest of the cast include Ellen Barkin, Joe Mantello, John Benjamin Hickey, and Patrick Breen. The play will have a limited 12-week engagement starting next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!