Sunday, February 20, 2011

Amazing Race 18: Unfinished Business


Subtitled "Unfinished Business," my favorite reality TV show is back and this year its cast are teams from recent seasons who, for one reason or another, just didn't quite win. It's actually a bit refreshing already knowing all of the teams making it easier for me to know who to root for or against.

The premiere was full of twists and turns from the get-go as the teams had to find something for Phil before he could give them their very first clue. The last team got an automatic U-Turn penalty, but those who got the clue first were unlucky to get the plane that got detoured due to a medical emergency. Once they all landed in their first destination (Sydney, Australia), they had to swim with sharks, solve a nautical puzzle, and ride a skiff. Seemed many people had trouble with the puzzle and most resorted to forming alliances and/or outright cheating. Unfortunately, one team was still hard at work with it while the others checked-in with Phil. Fortunately for them, the leg wasn't over as Phil sent the rest of the teams on their way.

Now my quick thoughts/impressions on the 11 teams from this season in the order of their check-in:

Gary & Mallory (Father/Daughter) - They came from the most recent season and my love for them hasn't faded. They're adorable together and with this strong first showing, they mean business.

Amanda & Kris (Engaged) - They're one of two teams that I barely have any recollections of. Pretty sure I didn't like them, but they weren't even memorably evil or anything. I'm personally hoping their U-Turn trips them up early.

Kisha & Jen (Sisters) - I think I was a bit neutral to them. I think personality-wise I liked them, but they ran such an uninspired race. Let's see if they can improve.

Zev & Justin (Best Friends) - Zev's Asperger's and their genial relationship made them fan-favorites and I'm one of them. They were eliminated their season due to a lost passport. I expect big things from this team.

Flight Time & Big Easy (Harlem Globetrotters) - Personality-wise, they are a hoot and a half and should bring lots of fun this season, but they're not one of the teams I'm rooting for (or against!).

Jaime & Cara (NFL Cheerleaders) - Didn't like them last time they raced and I liked them less now if that's even possible. Can't believe they were asked back.

Margie & Luke (Mother/Son) - I dreaded the inevitability of them being asked back, but I'm going to bear it. Just don't ask me to like it. Really just didn't like this team at all.

Ron & Christina (Father/Daughter) - Their relationship reminds me so much of my own relationship with my parents and so with that said, I wish her all the luck in the world.

Mel & Mike (Father/Son) - This team was one of my favorites, but they really didn't run an enjoyable race and their age is going to work against them.

Kent & Vyxsin (Dating Goths) - My feelings for them fluctuated wildly episode to episode, but a part of me is secretly rooting for them? To be determined.

Jet & Cord (Cowboy Brothers) - This is the team I'll be rooting for until they get eliminated which could be as early as next week if they don't get it together quickly! Love them too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!