Wednesday, December 22, 2010

End-Of-Year: 2010 TV Nominees


People always say there's nothing good on TV. They have no idea what they are talking about. The following shows and performances brought much joy to me during the past year. Some categories were so difficult to narrow down, I literally flipped a coin to figure out who to leave out. Though I also tried to spread out the joy a bit as well as you can tell.

My nominees are...

Best Show, Drama
Being Human
Fringe
The Good Wife
Lost
Mad Men
Sherlock

Best Show, Comedy
Castle
Community
Cougar Town
Doctor Who
Modern Family
How I Met Your Mother

Best Ensemble
Community
The Good Wife
Lost
Modern Family
Mad Men
Misfits

Best Actor, Drama
Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock
Matthew Fox, Lost
Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Kiefer Sutherland, 24

Best Actor, Comedy
Matt Bomer, White Collar
Nathan Fillion, Castle
Jim Parsons, Big Bang Theory
Adam Scott, Party Down
Matt Smith, Doctor Who

Best Actress, Drama
Morena Baccarin, V
Julianna Marguilies, The Good Wife
Elizabeth Mitchell, V
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Anna Torv, Fringe

Best Actress, Comedy
Toni Collette, United States of Tara
Courtney Cox, Cougar Town
Karen Gillan, Doctor Who
Stana Katic, Castle
Amy Poehler, Parks & Recreation

Best Supporting Actor, Drama
Misha Collins, Supernatural
Alan Cummings, The Good Wife
Keir Gilchrist, United States of Tara
Denis O'Hare, True Blood
Iwan Rheon, Misfits

Best Supporting Actor, Comedy
Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Chris Colfer, Glee
Donald Glover, Community
Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother
Arthur Darvill, Doctor Who

Best Supporting Actress. Drama
Christina Hendricks, Mad Men
Cherry Jones, 24
Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife
Mary Lynn Rajskub, 24
Julia Stiles, Dexter

Best Supporting Actress, Comedy
Alison Brie, Community
Alyson Hannigan, How I Met Your Mother
Jane Lynch, Glee
Heather Morris, Glee
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

Nomination Tally: 5 - The Good Wife, Mad Men; 4 - Community, Doctor Who, Modern Family; 3 - 24, Castle, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Lost,; 2 - Cougar Town, Dexter, Fringe, Misfits, Sherlock, United States of Tara, V; 1 - Being Human, Parks & Recreation, Party Down, Supernatural, True Blood, White Collar

Most difficult to narrow down were the supporting categories. I watch so many shows with talented ensembles, that it was literally a toss up as to who I'd nominate and who I wouldn't. Look for the winners right around Christmastime and my ranked top 30 shows of 2010 soon after.

2 comments:

  1. I keep wondering why I don't get the love for Sofia Vergara. Funny? Yes. But Bowen just seems consistently head and shoulders above her when it comes to characterisation. Sigh.

    (I CANNOT WAIT for Parks And Recreation, I'm bursting with anticipation. No love for the supporting players from that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I made the list prematurely. I JUST finished watching the last 8 or so episodes for Parks & Rec and I would totally at least try to fit in Aubrey Plaza and/or Nick Offerman somewhere. Though I already had a miserable time narrowing the list as it is. So many good comedies out there right now!

    God, I love Julie Bowen. Hell I love the ENTIRE cast. To be honest, it was literally a coin-flip. Eric Stonestreet or Ty Burrell? Coin flip. Burrell! Sofia Vergara or Julie Bowen? Coin flip. Vergara! As I said, too many good actors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!