Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Power of Glee

Image re-blogged from fujiidom.

The Madonna episode of Glee this past Tuesday was surely over-hyped, but I think the show, the cast, and the episode really held their own. Jam packed with Madonna's hits and more than a few shout-outs to the Material Girl, it was one of the more entertaining hours of TV you'll probably see this season.

It's difficult to pick a favorite performance. "Like A Prayer" was the rousing ensemble song that capped the episode while "Vogue" was Jane Lynch's pièce de résistance and an instant viral hit. But for some reason, I can't get the "4 Minute" song and performance out of my head. The song itself is quite catchy enough, but Mercedes and Kurt taking ownership of the stage was something to see. It's been on constant replay since I've seen the episode.

"She's black. I'm gay. We make culture." - Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!