Sunday, February 10, 2013

BAFTA Predictions


Last year was the first year I tried predicting the winners for the BAFTAs and I pretty much sucked at it. Hopefully I do better this year. We'll know how I did in just a few hours when the BAFTA winners are announced. Above is a couple of posters designed by illustrator Jonathan Burton which were commissioned by the organization for its Best Film nominees. The other designs and my predictions are below:

Best Film: Argo
Best Director: Ben Affleck, Argo
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
Best Actress: Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, Skyfall
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables
Best Original Screenplay: Django Unchained
Best Adapted Screenplay: Lincoln
Best British Film: Skyfall
Best Foreign Language Film: Amour
Best Documentary: The Imposter
Best Animated Film: Brave


Best Film Editing: Argo
Best Production Design: Life of Pi
Best Cinematography: Skyfall
Best Costume Design: Anna Karenina
Best Makeup & Hair: Anna Karenina
Best Original Music: Skyfall
Best Sound: Skyfall
Best Special Visual Effects: Life of Pi
Best British Debut: Bart Layton and Dimitri Doganis, The Imposter
Orange Rising Star: Juno Temple

Looking over my predictions and I have a feeling I'm going to do pretty badly yet again. How else do I justify Les Misérables, nominated in both film categories, only winning one award? Perhaps I'm also overestimating their love for Skyfall? Well, it has been a crazy awards season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!