Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Seize the Day! Newsies Turns 20!


Today is the 20th Anniversary of Newsies which as it turns out was also my very first Christian Bale movie. It may have also been one of my very first musicals. Of course a musical starring a bunch of boys set in New York City would be my first musical. How typical. In any case, the film revolves around the newsboys strike of 1899 that actually took place. There's a lot of caps, vests, newspapers, and really exaggerated New York accents. But you should watch it just to see Bale sing and dance like, for example, in the film's most popular number "Seize the Day" which you can see below...



Now perhaps because they wanted to take advantage of the 20th Anniversary or just coincidence, there's a new Broadway musical version based on the film starring Jeremy Jordan. I have yet to see it, but I'm going to do my best to check it out before it goes away later this summer. See the trailer for the Broadway show after the jump...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!