Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wednesday Night

Lost Series Finale Countdown: 3 days

Three became two on American Idol last night as Ryan Seacrest sent golden-haired Casey James packing which means Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze will go head to head in the finale. It wasn't the most shocking result of the season, but it was definitely the most anticipated. Before the results however, we had to endure performances from someone who was discovered by Perez Hilton and someone who was discovered on Youtube. God help us all. We also got to see the three remaining contestants go back home and be treated like rock stars. Gotta admit, those montages always get me just a bit teary. After it was all said and done though, it's Lee vs. Crystral. To be honest, this final two reminds me a lot of last year's: the early fan-favorite vs. the dark horse with serious momentum. Great news for me? I love them both and thus finale night, it's ALL good.

What else is ALL good? ABC comedies.


Now I don't watch The Middle, but I think I may just check out the encore showings during the summer, because it frankly looked downright charming. Meanwhile Modern Family ended its phenomenal freshman season by giving us a tightly-written and hilarious episode. So you know, the usual. The whole episode was worthy of mention, but I have to highlight Phil's reactions to thinking he was in trouble with Claire. The mud fight pre-family photo was icing to the cake to an already very sweet season. Finally, Cougar Town delivered another wonderful ensemble showcase as the gang try to spare Bobby's feeling. The getting-to-the-beach and beach scenes were my favorites. It's going to be a long summer with me missing these shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!