Friday, March 5, 2010

Big Screen 'Rome' On the Way


According to Hollywood Insider, the HBO series Rome will head to the big screen with its lead stars Kevin McKidd (Journeymen, Grey's Anatomy) and Ray Stevenson (Punisher: War Zone) likely to return. Rome creator Bruno Heller has finished the script and according to the article, HBO Films will not be involved so they still have to find a director and more importantly a studio.

I am just flabbergasted and insanely happy to hear about this. The show, which took place in Ancient Rome, aired on HBO 2005-2007, but I caught it on DVD at the end of 2008. Like the critics, I quickly became enamored by the characters and the wonderful and gruesome world of Ancient Rome.

I understood why it got canceled since it must have been so costly to make. It certainly *looked* expensive, which was just one of many reasons why I loved it. I like it so much that I can't really bear to watch similar-looking show Spartacus currently airing on Starz. I've seen the first three episodes, but I quickly lost interest as I really did keep comparing it unfavorably to Rome.

If you haven't seen it, I implore you to check it out. Rent it. Buy it. Download it. Whatever. Just watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!