Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not Like the City in Alaska

I've recently been thinking about past Best Picture nominee, Juno, and how maybe I should really give the film another chance. I mean I liked it well enough (was in the top 25 for me that year), but all of my friends REALLY LOVED the film. I told myself that maybe it was because I saw it in a theater full of obnoxious teenagers coupled with my heightened expectations. In any case, I already convinced myself that I would need to rewatch it down the line. And maybe that time is now.

You may be asking, why now?


Because in the past few months I fell in love with Ellen Page in Whip It!, was impressed by Jason Reitman's film Up in the Air, and could not get enough of Diablo Cody's United States of Tara. I mean, of course, me loving their current individual projects doesn't necessarily mean I will end up liking their previous collaboration with one another more, but now I do think it deserves a second viewing ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. I need to watch Juno. When it first came out, Lisa was still having problems getting pregnant, and I didn't want to see ANYTHING about pregnancy.

    I'll have to put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!