Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blue Valentine.. or is it Pink?

As Valentine's Day winds down, I just wanted to share a recently-discovered poster I absolutely LOVE for a movie I'm highly anticipating this year. Blue Valentine stars former Oscar nominees Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams and according to IMDB, the film is about "a contempo married couple, charting their evolution over a span of years by cross-cutting between time period."


The color choice of the poster is a bit genius not only because it's a great shade of pink, but the color both relates (Valentine) and go against the title (Blue). Plus the graphic of the two main leads with their bodies forming a very recognizable heart shape is perfectly subtle and effective.

The movie itself was warmly received when it premiered at the Sundance Film Festival a few weeks ago where it was also picked up by The Weinstein Company. There's no word yet on its release date, but both Goslin and Williams are already getting some Oscar buzz. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though I'm already viewing this as this year's 500 Days of Summer. I'll try to temper my expectations until I actually see the film, but if the movie is as awesome as this first poster, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!