Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday Night TV

Welcome to the Fall TV Season! So Monday night was a night of TV premieres. In total I saw the premieres of four shows: How I Met Your Mother, Castle, Heroes, & Big Bang Theory. All of my friends are big House fans, but imagine my schedule if I was as well! Yikes!

In general, it was a good night. The only show that didn't meet my expectations was Heroes, but I fear it's less what happened on screen and more me just becoming tired of the show. The other shows, however, were just delightful. From Laurie Metcalf's hilarious return as Sheldon's mother in Big Bang Theory to Detective Beckett showing off her sexy Russian side in Castle.

But it was the exploration of Barney and Robin's relationship on HIMYM that gets my Must Watch award for the night. At the end of the episode, both of them decide to "lie" to their friends telling them what they thought they wanted to hear: that both of them are now boyfriend and girlfriend.

Robin: Really. We sat down. We had the talk. Barney's my boyfriend now.
Barney: And Robin's my girlfriend. I know it sounds nuts, but it feels good to say.
Robin: We're both afraid of commitment, but the fact is, we also can't live without each other.
Barney: And if the alternative is not being together then it's worth taking this risk, 'cause...

And at this point both of them seem to be laying it on thick. But then the tone in their voice changes and well...


Barney: She's awesome.
Robin: And he's awesome... He looks nice in a suit
Barney: She can handle her Scotch.
Robin: He's my boyfriend.
Barney: And she's my girlfriend.

I was a puddle on the floor after that moment. I cannot wait to see where the show takes this relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!