Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Sambola and The Gift

While I was a bit lukewarm to Damsels in Distress itself as a film, I can't exactly deny the charms of Greta Gerwig. Similarly, I pretty much adored the final song/dance number of "The Sambola!" which was revealed yesterday as being eligible for one of five spots for Oscar's Best Song category. I highly doubt it will make it in, but more people should really see it so we can at least make it a legitimate international dance craze:


Nathaniel over at The Film Experience has the complete list of eligible songs along with a few more clips. While perusing the list, I was shocked to see that Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova, the Oscar-winning pair for the absolutely amazing "Falling Slowly" in the film Once, have a song in contention from the film The Odd Life of Timothy Green. How have not heard about this until now? View the video for their song "The Gift" after the jump...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!