Monday, March 12, 2012

The Walt Disney Biopic that Never Was


Two thoughts crossed my mind when I saw this poster over the weekend. The first is that I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of this film since it sounds pretty great. The second is that Ryan Gosling might actually get his second Oscar nomination and first win since the Academy is all about biopic performances. Sadly this magnificent poster is for a movie that doesn't exist. It was imagined by a French graphic designer Pascal Witaszek and as of now there's been no reports as to why he just randomly came up with this.

With that said, I would still like to profess my love for the non-existent film and poster. The choice to cast Ryan Gosling as Walt Disney is unusual and yet oddly perfect while I can see Ron Howard do a solid job at this. As for the poster, the look is appropriately whimsical and the colors chosen well. The tag line "Of A Mouse and A Man" is tongue-in-cheek, but also an instant classic. And the Mickey Mouse cloud design in the background is a slight and wonderful touch. So basically I'm hoping that Witaszek is a secret bajillionaire who own the rights to Disney's life story and has the money and clout to make this happen. Maybe if I wish upon a star... really, really hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!