Friday, November 18, 2011

Regis Philbin Bids "Live!" Goodbye


After more than 28 years at Live! Regis Philbin had his last day as host today surrounded by loved ones and celebrity friends. As someone who has had school or work for the past two decades, I never really watched the show regularly, but Regis is pretty much a New York institution so it's definitely an end of an era of sorts. His final words:

“I’ll always remember spending these mornings with all of you, so thank you very much for these great years together, god bless you all, and I hope I see you again real soon. Thanks everybody!”

I actually didn't watch his final show save for the last 10 minutes, but that was enough for me to tear up a little during a performance of "Seasons of Love" by the off-Broadway cast of Rent with the lyrics changed to honor Regis' 995,600 minutes on air. See the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!