Saturday, February 8, 2020

My Personal Oscar Ballot 2020



I can't believe the Oscars are tomorrow already! This speedy af awards season isn't my preference, but what can I do. Anyways, before we see the Oscars make probably stupid decisions (see Best Picture/Actor last year), let's take a look if they went with everything *I* wanted. Presenting, my personal ballot...

Note: For Best Picture, Academy voters are asked to rank their choices. For the other categories, they are only asked to pick their choice of winner, which is exactly what I've done.

Best Picture
1 - Parasite
2 - Little Women
3 - Jojo Rabbit
4 - 1917
5 - Marriage Story
6 - Ford v. Ferrari
7 - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
8 - The Irishman
9 - Joker

Best Director: Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
Best Lead Actor: Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory
Best Lead Actress: Saoirse Ronan, Little Women
Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Best Supporting Actress: Florence Pugh, Little Women
Best Animated Film: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Best Original Screenplay: Parasite
Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
Best Foreign Language Film: Parasite
Best Documentary: For Sama
Best Original Score: 1917
Best Original Song: "Into the Unknown," Frozen 2
Best Editing: Parasite
Best Production Design: Parasite
Best Cinematography: 1917
Best Costume Design: Little Women
Best Makeup and Hair: Judy
Best Sound Editing: 1917
Best Sound Mixing: Ad Astra
Best Visual Effects: Avengers: Endgame
Best Live Action Short: The Neighbors' Window
Best Animated Short: Hair Love
Best Documentary Short: In the Absence

I went a little Parasite/Little Women crazy, but as they are my top two favorite Best Picture films (and likely my personal top 10 for the year), it makes sense. 1917 also did well, on the strength of its technical achievements. If only the Academy had my awesome taste, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!