Monday, February 1, 2016

End-Of-Year: 2015 TV Nominees

Happy first day of February or as I like to think of it, as the best time to finally start talking about my favorite TV shows and films of the past year. I just like the time to mull things over! With that said, the goal is to post everything before the Oscars at the end of the month, so let's go!

First up are my TV nominees for Best Drama, Best Comedy, Best New Show and Best Ensemble. Later this week, I'll dig into my favorite individual performances for which there are many. Onwards...


BEST DRAMA SHOW

  • Agent Carter
  • The Americans
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Good Wife
  • How to Get Away with Murder
  • Jessica Jones
  • The Leftovers
  • Mad Men
  • Mr. Robot
  • Sense8

The majority of these won't ever see the light of Emmy Awards, but gosh darnit I will proclaim my love for them and genre TV (and Netflix) proudly.


BEST COMEDY SHOW
  • Broad City
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Fargo
  • Fresh Off the Boat
  • Jane the Virgin
  • Orange if the New Black
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  • Veep
  • You're the Worst

Speaking of Netflix, here's a couple more. Plus some shows from network TV if you can believe it! Plus female-led shows! They're out there and they are amazing!


BEST NEW SHOW
  • Agent Carter
  • Better Call Saul
  • Black-ish
  • Empire
  • Fresh Off the Boat
  • Galavant
  • Jessica Jones
  • Mr. Robot
  • Sense8
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

It was a banner year for new shows last year and this list highlights this fact. I didn't even get to include two shows from this most recent fall that delighted me greatly (Limitless, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) so you know how strong this year has been in this regard.

BEST ENSEMBLE
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Fargo
  • Fresh Off the Boat
  • Game of Thrones
  • Jane the Virgin
  • Mad Men
  • Orange is the New Black
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Sense8
  • Veep

For this category, I pretty much looked at my favorite shows and really thought about not only if their ensemble members are great individually, but also how they all work together.

So later this week, I'll post my favorite actors from the past year including my pick for Best Ensemble. Then hopefully soon after that, I'll post my ranked list of my Top 35 shows of 2015. You may think 35 is a lot, but let's just say I watch a lot of TV. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!