Sunday, January 13, 2013

Golden Globes Predictions


I don't even really care about which films and TV shows are honored later tonight, because I'm just really so excited about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting the 70th Golden Globes. But the reason the awards ceremony is taking place is to honor people, so might as well put up some official predictions while I'm at it:

Best Motion Picture, Drama:
Zero Dark Thirty
Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: Les Miserables
Best Director: Ben Affleck, Argo
Best Actress, Drama: Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
Best Actress, Comedy or Musical: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
Best Actor, Drama: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
Best Actor, Comedy or Musical: Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln
Best Animated Film: Wreck-It Ralph
Best Foreign Language Film: Amour
Best Screenplay: Lincoln, Tony Kushner
Best Score: Anna Karenina, Dario Marianelli
Best Song: "Skyfall," Skyfall

(Read my thoughts on the film nominations here)

Best TV Series, Drama: Homeland
Best TV Series, Comedy: Girls
Best Actress, Drama: Claire Danes, Homeland
Best Actress, Comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Best Actor, Drama: Damian Lewis, Homeland
Best Actor, Comedy: Louis C.K., Louie
Best Mini-Series or TV Movie: Game Change
Best Actress, Miniseries/TV Movie: Julianne Moore, Game Change
Best Actor, Miniseries/TV Movie: Clive Owen, Hemingway and Gellhorn
Best Supporting Actress: Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Best Supporting Actor: Ed Harris, Game Change

(Read my thoughts on the TV nominations here)

My past Golden Globe predictions have been pretty mixed. Sometimes I'd do well, awful, or like last year a bit mediocre. One would just need to look at my crazy "Ben Affleck wins Best Director but his film gets nothing else" prediction to see that. Truthfully, my heart says Bigelow, but my head is saying Affleck for some reason. Both could be wrong! See how I do after the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!